Tuesday 30 September 2008

The house feels so empty


On Sunday, Jack went to Warwick University. It was an exciting but also a sad day. I had never been to the uni befor as he went on his own to look around but I was quite surprised when we arrived, It was huge. He's got a really nice on suite room and all the people in his block seemed very friendly. We all helped unpack, littlle sis, Dad and me and then the time came for us to leave him. This was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, I made myself not cry as I didn't want to upset him but boy was it hard not to ( crying now just thinking about it). The drive home was a very quiet one and it seemed even quieter when we got in the house. Yesterday I couldn't stop crying every time I thought about him. I'm sure we will all get used to this but at the moment it seems so hard. We got a text off him last night, guess what he was doing? Out partying with all his new mates and having a great time by the sound of it.

3 comments:

April said...

I am sure he will have a fab time, best of luck to him and big hugs to you until you get used to him not being there

Hugs

April xx

Unknown said...

Hi, chin up - hes having a great time. Anyone not having gone through this can't possibly imagine how upsetting it is for us Mums! I remember, exactly as you said that - holding back the tears thing! And now my two, having passed though this phase said it really was the best time of their lives! Take heart - he will be just fine!
X Vicky x

Knit Sew City Girl said...

I've still got 17 years before my rascal goes to Uni....I know it will be very difficult. I'm sure you will be ok.

Mary