Thursday 27 November 2008

A Busy Time











I have been so busy the last week or so trying to get thing s made for Christmas and also I have found Facebook. I'm on there everyday and can't believe how many of my old school friends I have made contact with. Some of them it has been 25 years since I last saw them and the strange thing is we don't seem to have changed that much, well the lads have lost their hair and perhaps the girls have put a few pounds on but nothing major. Our kids will never loose touch with their school friends because they are always on Facebook, MSN, or myspace.





Back to the few things I have managed to make. A fleece dressing gown for my niece, an apron for my Sister-in-law out of Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter (this is a good book full of useful patterns). Haven't got photos of these yet, mind you the photos of the other things I have are not very good as I have had to have the lights on in the house most days. I made my brother an apron with Wife's Little Helper embroidered on it for a laugh as he doesn't do much cooking.





I have managed to embroider around 30 Christmas cards on my Janome machine. I had all the card apertures from Craft Creations last year and didn't get round to using them.






I kept all the cards we were sent last year and recycled them into new cards for this year. I think they have turned out quite well, just hope I don't send the same card back to last years sender.







(Got two of this photo as I don't know how to delete it. Perhaps someone else does)


This afternoon I have managed to make Sophie an elasticated waist skit. You use 2 inch wide elastic and sew the material onto this. She hasn't tied it on yet as she is getting ready to go out so I will probably know the verdict in the morning if she likes it or not. Have just cut her out another skirt from a pattern off the Burdastyle website but it is in black so will have to wait until tomorrow to sew it as I struggle sewing black in artificial light.






Hope to be back soon with a few more makes.







Oh, I forgot I also made a wheat bag each for my aunt and uncle.



1 comment:

April said...

hey - I'm on facebook too - look me up!

April xx