Thursday 13 November 2008

Little Nan




Yesterday was my Nans 82nd Birthday. For her present I made her a cake, some of my plum jam and a couple of puzzle books to pass away her time. My Grandad died 15 years ago so she has been on her own quite some time. Apart from being a little forgetful she is still capable of looking after herself. It was my Nan who got me interested in sewing. She has an old singer treadle sewing machine and she can make anything with it. For about the last 12 months though she hasn't done any sewing but she always like to have a look at what I've made. We took her out for lunch to Gardenland, we managed to persuade her to go in a wheel chair so as she could have a look around all the Christmas decorations, I got some ideas for my own decorations form here. When we got home, about 3 O'clock she said she had had a lovely day and was ready for bed.

4 comments:

April said...

Happy birthday to your nan, it would have been my nan's 90th yesterday and I do miss her

April xx

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
What a lovely photo!
Happy Birthday.

Country Cottage Chic said...

A belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like she had a really enjoyable day!

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
I am in the process of tagging you on my blog. Pop over and take a look.
XX